We report the case of a patient with Brugada syndrome and a history of palpitations who presented with an episode of syncope and developed supraventricular tachycardia in the electrophysiological study. The patient was treated with radiofrequency ablation for the supraventricular tachycardia and an implantable cardioverter defibrillator for the Brugada syndrome. At 18 months following implantation of the defibrillator an electrical storm with ventricular fibrillation episodes occurred followed by appropriate discharges of the defibrillator.
- Brugada syndrome
- Catheter ablation, radiofrequency
- Electrophysiologic techniques, cardiac
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators
- Tachycardia, supraventricular
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine