Functional meningeal lymphatic system plays a crucial role in outflow of cerebrospinal fluid. Metabolites and neurotoxins in the cerebrospinal fluid may be excreted via this system and accumulate in the cervical lymph nodes. In this letter, we highlighted the role of functional meningeal lymphatics and cerebrospinal fluid outflow.
- Cervical lymph nodes (CLNs), Glymphatics, meningeal lymphatics
- Follicular dendritic cells (FDCs), T follicular helper cells (TFH)
- Human immunodeficiency virus −1 (HIV-1)
- Simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Neuroscience (miscellaneous)
- Immunology and Allergy