Lasers, especially femtosecond lasers, open wide-range and exciting new possibilities in micro/nanomanufacturing of metals, polymers, semiconductors, ultrahard materials, transparent materials, and tissues. This paper reviews the fundamentals, applications and challenges of laser micro/nano manufacturing, including ultrashort laser materials interaction, laser direct-writing manufacturing, laser interference manufacturing, laser near-field manufacturing, laser manufacturing of nanoparticles and nanotubes, and laser assisted diamond crystals growth.
- Laser direct-writing manufacturing
- Laser interference manufacturing
- Laser materials interaction
- Laser near-field manufacturing
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering